Resources and Tools
Scholarships awarded by local and national organizations generally take more research and legwork to find and apply for but are well worth the effort. The total resources of these organizations normally exceed what's available from the other types of scholarship providers.
Below you will find a few helpful resource websites that we would recommend students visit to assist with managing the cost of your university education.
Our office receives numerous external opportunities for students. You may wish to research some of these links or organizations: External Opportunities
http://www.equals6.com Equals6.com is free for students and offers employer workshops, career resources, and also student awards and scholarships. To date, Equals6.com has given away over $30,000 to high school and university students in Canada and the United States.
Helpful links from the Federal Consumer Agency of Canada:
Credit Card Tools What is the best way to choose and use a credit card?
Budgeting Tool Do you have a realistic budget?
Banking Tools Which bank accounts are right for you?
- Thinking of Opening a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)?
- Save for Your Child's Education with an RESP
- Tips About Low-Cost Bank Accounts
- Bank Account Selector Tools
- Making a Budget and Sticking to it
- Be Smart with Your Credit Card: 10 Tips to Help You Use Your Credit Card Wisely
- Understanding Credit Card Fees
- Credit Card Payment Calculator
- Mortgage Calculators
- How to Beat that Debt
Students attending Acadia University have also applied for Private or Alternative loans from various sources. For our US Students a resource for you to consider --http://www.privateloanoptions.com/